Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My defrost pan is filling up with water very frequently.

My defrost pan is filling up with water very frequently
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Just started last week and it tAkes a week to overflow
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That is my hope
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Kenmore model 106 50593000, year 2000

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Remove the kick plate from below the doors and look at the left side of the filter housing where the tubes go in. Do you see water dripping from that area into the drain pan?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No visible dripping
  1. Has the freezer temperature been okay, no thawing and refreezing?
  2. Ice maker been working okay, no ice clumps or anything out of the ordinary?
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Freezer and ice maker have been okay

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There are only two places the water in that pan can come from, the defrost cycle (or freezer leak) or that filter housing. If the freezer has not been thawing and re-freezing and the ice maker is not overfilling or leaking (clumping, etc), then the filter/housing would be suspect. I would start by replacing the water filter. If the behavior does not change, replace the filter housing. Both parts are available below!

Filter Housing

Filter

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome, thank you!

Sorry you found my help to be worthless. I hope you don't have to work for free!