Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model MER6755AAW lower oven is pre heating extremely slow…

Model MER6755AAW lower oven...

Model MER6755AAW lower oven is pre heating extremely slow and does not fully heat to set temp. The top element heats up, the bottom does not. My husband is an electrician and verified the bottom element continuity is good. We Replaced the temp sensor and it continues to fail to heat properly. What could be the cause if it's not the element or the sensor?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I gave you model in previous reply MER6755AAW, Maytag Gemini 10 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

9/23/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

If the top element gets hot and the bottom element checks out okay, that only leaves the oven control as faulty. The relay that closes to energize the bake element has failed.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Access for replacement is gained by removing the service panel from the back of the control area. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician