Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I press bake, it says 'feature not available'. Just…

When I press bake...

When I press bake, it says 'feature not available'.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just tried to bake a meatloaf and oven won't work.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool, WOD51EC7AW01 About two years. Not sure.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a way to reset it? The timer works, the clock works.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Feature not available is a corruption issue with this oven. It thinks the oven is in the middle of self clean (even though it's not) so it won't allow you to use any function. Try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes or flip the breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes and that usually resets the problem. If not then the entire display control board would need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
That worked, but by the time I did this, the service representative from Whirlpool called back and said it was because the power was off for such a long time and the computer in the oven had to be reset. It's like changing your battery in a car, when you take the old one out and replace it with a new one, you have to reprogram all your radio stations. Same thing happens with cable. And I shouldn't have paid for the service, because they help for free.