Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a norcold model n821rt Running well until interior

Customer Question
Have a norcold model...

Have a norcold model n821rt Running well until interior light went out when I pushed iitght back int place the refrigerator will not now turn on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

NorcoldN821RT

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Out in nohere so would be a good idea

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I checked el plug into unit , there is propane to it.it will not turn n at panel

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/23/2017
Appliance Technician: RJ, Appliance Tech. replied 11 months ago
RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry for the delay I see no other experts have responded.

The fridge needs DC power to turn on NOT AC power. IF you go to the back of the fridge and remove the access panel you should see a circuit board. IF you remove the cover on the board you should see two fuses, one for the DC side and one for the AC side, make sure the DC fuse is not blown. IF it was blown the fridge would not turn ON.

Very important you unplug the fridge from the outlet before removing that cover, the AC fuse can still be hot if it is plugged in.

Let me know if you still need more help on this, I am around daily and respond when I can.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert