Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have whirlpool WFW94HEAW washing machine. Yesterday, all…

Customer Question
Hello, I have whirlpool...

Hello, I have whirlpool WFW94HEAW washing machine. Yesterday, all of a sudden, the chimes do not work. How to fix?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

July 2014

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband would try if it's not too complicated

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No mam

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So it's possible the speaker on the interface board just failed, but hopefully it's just a setting. To turn sound on and off, press and hold the CYCLE SIGNAL button in the bottom right corner of your control panel. If that doesn't work, the interface board would need to be replaced to get sound back because the speaker failed. Otherwise if it turns the sound back on, Great!

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.