Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a refrigidaire professional that has bottom pull out…

Customer Question
I have a refrigidaire professional...
I have a refrigidaire professional that has bottom pull out freezer with an ice maker. Its stuck and wont open except maybe an inch on the right side. Which is opposite side where the icemaker is located. Thanks for ur input
Thanks
Frustrated
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the freezer door is stuck shut, there isn't much you can do but unplug the refrigerator and remove the food from the refrigerator. Give it 24 hours because the freezer will act like a cooler and there is going to be ice preventing the freezer drawer from sliding open for some reason. It'll take at least 24 hours to thaw out enough ice to pull the drawer open and then you can see if the icemaker is leaking, or the drain is backing up causing ice build up on the floor or what is going on because either your rail is just jammed and will have to be forced open (then the rail needs to be replaced) or ice has built up and isn't allowing the rail to slide or drawer to pull out.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you....i will try unplugging it. Fingers crossed.

Alright good luck. I'm sorry about the circumstances however.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?