Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch dishwasher SHX98M09UC/64 will not dry the dishes. I…

Customer Question
My Bosch dishwasher SHX98M09UC/64...

My Bosch dishwasher SHX98M09UC/64 will not dry the dishes. I replaced the instantaneous water heater, thermistor w/ high limit, flow switch and aqua senor assembly. I still have the same problem of not drying. It is not as hot as originally. The lower rack is drier than the top but nothing is really dry like before.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bosch SHX98M09UC/64. It was five years old in April 2017

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Are you sure your incoming water temp is at least 130+ degrees? Run the tap on your faucet and check the temp of your hot water, ideally you would want about 140+ If you have that there the dishes should flash dry good, if not the water temp is your issue. Let me know what you find.

I tested the water and it 115.5 F this is where it has been. What is the temperature that the instantaneous water heater take it to? I will turn up the hot water heater to see if this helps and get back with you.Thanks

Ok great that should solve all the issues.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

I have increased the incoming water temperature to 125.3 F. We insured the rinse aid is full and it appears it is functioning properly because we have checked it several time by adding to the full line. We have run 2 normal loads and there is no change in the drying conditions. The Bosch manual based all of their run conditions on 120 F.
I will add that in the 4 to 5 years this unit has been installed the incoming water has run in the 120 F +/- 5 F range. The water heater was new about the time the dishwasher was installed.
What is the function of the instantaneous water heater and thermostat? My understanding is that it recycles the water during wash and rinse to the preset specifications.
I do not believe we have determined the root cause.
What is next.

The minimum temp for the dishwasher to even work properly is 125 degrees, now you lose temp no matter what due to the piping to the unit and loss of temp when running, that is why I recommend 135-145 degrees water for the best flash drying. The only other thing that could cause an issue is if the heater is bad and not working, you can test the heater with an ohm meter to see if it is burned out and if it is not you may have a bad heater relay on the board not supplying power to the heater. That would really be about it for that issue.

I will verify the heater and voltage to the heater to verify the relay. Please keep this open until we have resolved the issue. At that time I will rate this service you are providing.

ok