Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool front load washer stoped and is locked in an…

My whirlpool front load...

My whirlpool front load washer stoped and is locked in an unknown cycle. How do I reset .

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Li is approx 7 to 10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just need to reset

9/22/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the washer is locked but you hear a motor running, it sounds like the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough and it took more than 6 minutes to fill up with water. The good new is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 30 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The door will remain locked and the drain pump will continue to run until the sequence is finished. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and the tray is fully closed and you should be good to go.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Phone call session started

I see you requested a phone call but as soon as I call it goes to your Voice Mail. Shall I try again?

Try(###) ###-####

ok

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc