Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Electric Free Standing Range -- JB650 30". All…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Electric Free Standing Range -- JB650 30". All of the outside & interior lights come on, but none of the glass heating elements are working. I looked for some type of fuse to replace, perhaps a temperature sensor, but didn't find. Can you assist?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model# ***** -- No more than 2-3 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on how easy or dificult the task, and most importantly what the total cost for a tech to repair.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, also purchased a micowave oven, dishwasher & refrigerator as a complete set, at the same. Not sure of the model # for those, but have them available. The microwave's handle has come unglued from the bottom end and need to be fixed -- and simply needs some "bins" for my fridge which the plastic broke.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the unit won't heat on any setting and the cooktop won't heat but the display and lights work, the oven is only getting 110 volts instead of 220 volts for some reason. This is the only thing that would cause the stove to not heat on any element. You'll need to flip the breaker off for 60 seconds to start and see if the power will reset. If that doesn't work, then you need to pull the stove forward and remove the back access panel to test power between the 2 outside power wires where the power cord connects to the back of the oven. You should have 220 volts, if not then you know you have an issue with the outlet or the wires running through your house or the breaker itself. Now if you do have 220 volts to the back of the oven, follow the wires between the terminal block and the display board because there is a burnt or broken wire between them.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Will check your response by flicking off the circuit breaker for 60 seconds or so to see if it will reset. Then I will contact you back.
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

ok good luck.

Flicking the breaker did not work after trying it numerous times. Certified electricians from Home Depot installed all of my appliances ie., refrigerator, free standing range, microwave oven & dishwasher. All have been working properly for over a year so I know they're all 220 volts. I'm sure it's something very simple such as a burnt out wire. Let me know the complete cost of someone coming out to my house to repair it?

I couldn't say what the exact cost would be, but typically you're looking at $150-200 depending on how much time it takes to track down the bad wire or junction. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?