Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I believe my GE dishwasher had a power surge to it. The

I believe my GE dishwasher had a power surge to it. The buttons will not light up or do anything when pushed. I am wondering if I should reset it and how or if the control panel is fried and needs to be replaced.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its roughly 1.5 years old Model is GDF620HSJ0SS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, at least trying
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you want to do is definitely make sure you're getting power to the dishwasher from your house. There are no fuses on the dishwasher so if you're getting power and it doesn't light up, you have a bad control board. The main power board is mounted below the dishwasher behind the kick panel. The part number is ***** and it's about $100. Below is a link to a video to show you how to replace it yourself if you wanted to do that.

CLICK HERE for control board replacement video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I thought that is what might be wrong. Is there an absolute way to know that is what it is? I don't want to purchase a $100 part and it be something completely different. Will the control board look different or a wire be burnt?