Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool dryer, model #LGR7646EQ3, The 3 plastic…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool dryer, model #LGR7646EQ3, The 3 plastic dividers inside the drum need to be removed and cleaned, there is lint, buttons, change etc. How to I remove them for cleaning

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

LGR7646EQ3 moded, estimate 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just would like to know how to remove the plastic dividers in the drum for cleaning

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

You only need to gain access to the drum which is pretty easy.

1. Unplug the dryer or turn breaker off.
  2. Remove the lint filter.
  3. Remove the two screws from under the lint filter.
  4. Pull the entire top of the dryer forward to release the front retaining clips and the top will hinge up.
  5. Rotate the drum to the left only to access the screws at the top outside of the drum for removal of each drum baffle.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!