Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a side by side refrigerator with the filter on bottom…

Customer Question
I have a side...

I have a side by side refrigerator with the filter on bottom and the filter does not come out when button is pushed how is best way to take filter out?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Whirlpool model ED5FVGXWS07

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The filter is an aqua blue whirlpool(###) ###-####

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

pressing the button just unlocks the filter you still have to grab it and pull it out of the filter housing!

it seems to be stuck

do you have a pair of pliers that you can get a better grip on it?