Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a trash compactor in February 2016. This morning it…

Customer Question
I bought a trash...

I bought a trash compactor in February 2016. This morning it will only hum and smells like the motor is burning

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just this morning

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I need to know if there is any kind of a warranty on this and depends what the problem could be

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?