Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 2009 Whirlpool duet washer kicking out and F21

Customer Question
Good morning. I...

Good morning. I have a 2009 Whirlpool duet washer kicking out and F21 error. Can you help me please?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2009

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. Please.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm female....

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F21 is a drain error meaning the washer is taking too long to drain so the computer is shutting the cycle down and showing the F21 error code.

Usually you just need to clean out the pump coin/filter trap, below is a video showing how to clean out the pump trap. If that does not stop the error from happening then the drain pump will need to be replaced on the washer. Let me know if that does not fix it and I can give you the pump part number and instructions to replace it, thanks.

click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free don't expect I should.