Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Drawe on GE slide in range Model #JGS750SEF6SS. Bram. It is…

Customer Question
Drawe on GE slide...

Drawe on GE slide in range Model #JGS750SEF6SS

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bram

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is brand new...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We pull the drawer all the way out and it seems that the left side is not releasing no matter what we do.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

And once you have pulled the drawer all the way out until it stops are you then lifting the front of the drawer up and then off .

You have to lift the front up tilting the drawer for the rear slides to unlock off the drawer slides.

Are you doing that?

we are doing this.
No! This should not be this hard. We have removed drawers to stoves before!

ok ,that is the only way to get the drawer out .

Are you able to tilt the drawer at about a 45 degree angle when lifting the front of the drawer?

If your referring to a phone prompt I did NOT send it that it the web site NOT I

Ok thanks. Guess we will have to go back to the store.

No....it will not tilt.

do you still have items in the drawer?

Or can you tell what is stopping it from tilting ?

It is brand new. We are installing. It has never had anything in the drawer.

ok ,is there anything under the drawer that would cause it to not to be able to be tilted?

My kitchen floor....no nothing.

this is copy and pasted right from that models use and care booklet page 27

The storage drawer may be removed for cleaning under the range. Clean the storage drawer with a damp cloth or sponge. Never use harsh abrasives or scouring pads.

To remove storage drawer: 1. Pull drawer straight out until it stops. 2. Tilt the front of the drawer up and free of the range.

To replace storage drawer: 1. Set the stops on the back of the drawer over the stops in the range. 2. Slide drawer evenly and straight back, so that the rails in the range are engaged.

There are rivets on the inside of the drawer. Can't get past on left side

ok does this model have a warming drawer verses a storage drawer?

No...just a storage drawer.

on models that the drawer is a warming drawer and not just a storage drawer this is what you have to do to get the drawer out .

To remove the drawer: 1. Pull drawer straight out until it stops. 2. Press the left rail release up and press the right rail release down, while pulling the drawer forward and free.

on page 27 of the use and care booklet it has photos showing how to remove the warming drawer .

Ok even though it is not a warming drawer. There are no releases on these rails.
Thanks for your time. Guess we are heading to Lowes.

before you make the trip look at page 27 it shows this release lever .

We didn't get a book.
Another frustration!

Here is a PDF of the manual

http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=49-85211-6.pdf

I am downloading on my computer now. Thanks.

no problem ,after you down load it and look at page 27 if you still have a issue please reply back to me to let me know!

did the manual page #27 help you at all?

Thanks. We feel there might be something stuck ....underneath....signing off. Thanks again for your time.

no problem ,glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Master Tech
Master Tech