Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Fisher Paykel drawer dishwasher DD603. My rotor…

Customer Question
I have a Fisher...

I have a Fisher Paykel drawer dishwasher DD603 . My rotor motor is stuck and just a metal shaft is stuck . How do i get this part od the rotor out . It is melted in the hole ?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

DD603 . Rotor does not turn well at all . Part of the rotor is stuck in machine . Can not remove it to change it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. How do i get the part of the rotor un stuck so i can replace the rotor ?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Turn the top of the rotor counter clockwise to make sure it's not locked in place. Next, it pulls just straight up. You may need to pull really hard and hopefully the rotor won't pull apart because sometimes the base will separate from the top at which point you'd need a technician to come out most likely. I've experienced this a few times and have had to drill a hole into the base of the rotor at about a 45 degree angle to fit a screwdriver into the hole so that I can get leverage to pry out the rotor and replace the rotor.

Either way, at this point there isn't much you can do except using more force. If the rotor doesn't separate and pulls out--great. If it does separate, then perhaps you'll want to call a technician out unless you feel capable of drilling a hole into the rotor and prying the base out.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?