Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My freezer is not getting cold nor ice maker not working.

My freezer is...

My freezer is not getting cold nor ice maker not working

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Gfsk6kkycbb model dv900490 serial number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't have no monies self help if I can lol

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the entire back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

OK pulling everything out give a minute or two

ok

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Phone call session started