Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just came across this site. I am actually at work, so I am…

Customer Question
Hello, I just came...

Hello, I just came across this site. I am actually at work, so I am not sitting in front of my Juki HZL F600. My automatic threader is not working. I turned the wheel to match the marking on the right side of the machine, so it seems lined up, I think. At first, I turned it to bring the needle all the way up in the upright position, but then it really didn't seem to line up. I took off the front cover to try to figure it out and I just don't know. Any suggests?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Shortly after I got the machine. I used it a handful of times and then it stopped working. One night, it jammed and wouldn't spring back. I fixed that, by turning the wheel, but now it doesn't thread.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, it's just the threader right now, hopefully, nothing else.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

There is a tiny hook that passes into the needle eye and grabs the thread

It is likely to be slightly bent

It may be possible to realign the hook with a small flat jewellers screwdriver or similar

Really quite a fiddle to get right, although sometimes it can just happen by good luck

Insert tool between the side and the hook and twist slowly a little... try the threader... repeat as needed

The other option, and if the hook has broken or is too badly deformed, is to simply replace the threader

If you can please advise your zipcode I may be able to assist in finding a local option, or you may just wish to call the shop where it was bought, they will likely have these in stock

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago

Just a quick follow-up as I have not heard from you for a while.

Anything more to report ?

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

I have not had a chance to look at it. My work sent me out of state, when I get back, I will look at it.

Just take as much time as you need and get back with information and findings as and when you are able.

None of us are able to be here 24/7, we all have businesses and family to support as well as some “spare” time here trying to be helpful when we can. Having folk in almost every time zone is a blessing and means you may get help when you need it out of hours. I, for one, am in Australia.