Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Working on Kenmore range oven model number 79041013800. The

Working on Kenmore range oven model number*********** The fan does not turn on off. Which thermostat on the parts diagram controls the fan?

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The display control board is what controls the fan. It uses the temperature input of the temp sensor inside the oven as well. Remove the 3-6" long oven sensor mounted inside the oven to the back wall with 2 screws. Test resistance through the sensor and it should be around 1080 ohms at room temperature. If not, replace the sensor. If it way out of range (more than 10%) then replace the sensor. Other than that, replace the display board which is part number###-##-####

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.