Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

My Jenn-Air electric stove started beeping and a mssg came

My Jenn-Air electric stove started beeping and a mssg came up to contact service repair. I had to pull the breaker to stop it. Any ideas?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Today it started..
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure..depends on the issue.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No...do you need any more info?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Jenn-Air stove . Please give me the model number so that I can better help. Also, who am I speaking with?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
My name is***** model # is 8114P732-60 (12-99-00). Hope this is correct as it's the only # on the stove.

Thank you. One moment while I look that up.

Sorry. That model number is ***** coming up as valid.

Can you look near the bottom front of the range?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Sorry I found it. Model # JES9800AA8 and Serial # 20227769CR

There we go. One moment while I look that up. By the way, what is the exact message and are there any numbers or error codes?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I'm not sure but the error code may have been F1-J but it flashed so fast. Mssg was to contact authorized dealer for service.

It will be either F3, F4, F5, or F7. The code will tell us what is wrong.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Maybe it was F7 then

That is the most common code for this model. One moment.

This indicates a bad control panel assembly due to a stuck function key. The part number is ***** and I am seeing the price ranging around $250. Here is a link to it on Amazon.com:

http://a.co/hpG0dwI

Would you mind rating my service to you? Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. (TIPS) are appreciated! Thank you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ok no problem. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome.