Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

Kenmore laundry washing machine Model: 110 23662200. Machine

Kenmore laundry washing machine
Model: 110  23662200. Machine could 10 years or lot more. At start of cycle the machine loads water washes clothes and stops at beginnng of spinning cycle. Water remains in drum. After stoppage water is manually removed and repeat washing is tried again with same result. Could you guestimate what could be going on..how to repair and estimated cost? Thank you

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Kenmore washer . Please give me a moment to review your model.

For this model, you will need to replace the lid switch. The part number is(###) ###-####and can be found on Amazon.com. Here is a video to help you with the replacement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbQU-NlkHcw

Would you mind rating my service to you? Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. (TIPS) are appreciated! Thank you.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Just wondering why the lid switch for sure?

That is the exact symptom that occurs when the lid switch is bad. I see this several times per week on this model and it is always the lid switch.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi...follow up: could you give approximate cost for installation and part costs? I have a guyear charging me C$50 part C$150 for installation. ..top lid standalone washer...thank you
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Note: the costs was part of my original question...thanks

When I do this job, I charge $90 for labor and $40 for the part - totaling $130. Technicians charge different prices. I would contact several companies and just ask them how much it would cost to replace the lid switch. Ask them to make sure they put an OEM part in the machine - in other words, a genuine Whirlpool part. The aftermarket parts often don't last much longer than 6 months.