Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Two questions. 1) Samsung Refrig Model LFX33975ST/03 ice

Two questions. 1) Samsung Refrig Model LFX33975ST/03 ice maker only works on occasion; 2) Right side refrig door does not seal properly--opens with the slightest of pull. Why?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 3 years old and model # is LFX33975ST/03.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably not.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have cleaned the rubber seals around each door and I have changed the water and air filters- to no avail.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. As far as the seal on the door from the sounds of it your door gasket has went bad and is going to need to be replaced. The ice maker what exactly is happening with it?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi Travis thanks for replying. Is the door gasket sometime I can replace? The ice maker makes ice cubes sporadically but usually the ice bin is empty.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
OK, the only other thing to add is that sometimes when I cut off the ice maker and then turn it on again, it produces a small amount of cubes. I never forget to turn it back on.

the door gasket is not hard to replace give me a moment to pull up the part.

which door seal is it that is not sealing the left or right?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Travis, I am sorry, the refrig is a LG not Samsung, my bad. It is a three door model with freezer at bottom and two french doors. Facing the refri it is the right door.

that is fine I used your model number is ***** still the correct one?

here is the part and a helpful video for it as well. you tube can also help you with replacing a fridge door gasket

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Gasket/ADX72930455/4323189?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=adx72930414

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you. Would the lack of a good seal on the door be effecting the ice maker?

it could but let me ask you this how is the water pressure for the fridge? Does the water come out good? Its a possibility that ice maker is freezing up.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Water dispenser works but not sure what the pressure should be like.

does the water come out in a steady stream when filling a glass or does it seem to slow down at certain points?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Seemingly it flows in a small steady stream but it rarely cool water--more like normal tap water temp.

it could be from the gasket keeping the water from getting to temp and also the ice maker itself. Let me see something real quick though.

ok so the more then likely problem is the seal if the seal is not the issue that leaves one of two things. Either the water inlet valve which can be tested with a multimeter or the ice maker itself.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
OK Travis. thanks for the info; I will go to the site your sent and see about getting new gaskets for the doors. If that does not fix the problem I will get back to Just Ask for help in repairing or replacing the ice maker. Thank you.

sounds good I will be here to further assist you in the event you need me. Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Roger, first rate help. Five it is! Aloha and I will get back in a few days. Mahalo!