Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch dishwasher shorts the power off. I have a problem…

Customer Question
My Bosch dishwasher shorts the...
My Bosch dishwasher shorts the power off.
I have a problem with my bosch dishwasher. After an hour of work (from the beginning) it shorts the general power off . When the dishwasher works fine the whole process should take 90min of work.
Now, after many experiences I have some information (facts) that might help to give me the correct reason of the problem and hopefully giving me the answer of how to fix it.
1. When I turn on the general power after it shorts the power off - it shorts off immediately again. That is why I have to unplug it from the power outlet after it shorts off and then turn on the general power of the apartment.
2. If I plug it back to the power outlet after 10-15min - I can turn it on again, but after +-10min of work it will shorts the general power off again.
3. If I plug it back to the power outlet after 70-80min and then turn it on again – it will work until the end.
Therefore my assumption is that when the temperature rising up inside the dishwasher something happens and cause a short circuit. Because when I let it enough time to cool down and plug it back it complete and finish its work.
My questions is what really happens that cause to this problem? And what is the exact broken part that should be replaced??
An interesting fact is when I stop the dishwasher after 50min of work from the beginning (to prevent the short circuit) – still, it will shorts the power off 10min after. That is why even when I want to prevent the short circuit – I turn it off after 50min and then unplug it from the power outlet.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/22/2017
Appliance Technician: James I, Handyman replied 11 months ago
James I
James I, Handyman

Hi David,

There are two potential components which are commonly associated with what sounds like an earth leakage fault.

The first and most common fault is the heating element, the insulation around the element can fail, and as the element heats up water can reach into the internal circuitry causing the fault (earth leakage of electricity), the second common fault is the circulation pump, after a while the impeller housing can fail and letting droplets of water enter under pressure, this can then build up causing a fault.

On your model the pump and element are one part, so I am confident in saying that if you replace that part it will resolve your issue.

Regards

Hi James
Thank you for your answer.
When I opened the dishwasher I found that the drain pump located in a different place from the other parts. Does circulation pump is the drain pump? or different parts?
I add some pictures that shows the drain pump (1-3), where is it located (4) and another one that shows the back of the heating element (5)
I took off the drain pump and tested it by a multimeter and found that its resistance shows 170ohm which seems like its oky.
1.JPG1.JPG2.JPG2.JPG3.JPG3.JPG4.JPG4.JPG5.JPG5.JPG