Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool Washer beginning with WFW95HE turns on but will

Whirlpool Washer beginning with WFW95HE turns on but will not start. It double beeps when i press start
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 5-6 years old. WFW95HEXL2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Earlier I went in and cleaned out the trap at the lower front of the machine. I put all part back together and now the machine won't start

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

A double beep when you press start means that the washer thinks the door is open. You'll need to make sure all the wires are still securely connected to the door latch assembly. If the door latch is plugged in securely, the latch will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the latch you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.