Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Small amount of water pours into washer during final spin

cycle. If I reset the...
Small amount of water pours into washer during final spin cycle. If I reset the final spin cycle to get clothes dryer it continues to do the same thing even if a wash has not been cycled.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool ultimate care II, 17 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. It seems to work through wash and spin cycles appropriately. It just seems to add a small amount of water at an inappropriate time.
9/21/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So to be clear, the washer does add water in spurts during the final spin in case you're using softener to spread out the softener better. The last couple minutes of spinning, however, there should be no water that goes on the clothing. If the washer still fills with water even in the last 3 minutes or so, then you have a bad contact inside the washer timer. The entire timer behind the large control panel needs to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you. This has been very helpful.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc