Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch dishwasher that all of a sudden is not

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch dishwasher that all of a sudden is not turning on at all

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Where do I find the model #? Not sure how old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker on the right side of the door so I can better assist you?

SHU5316UC/U12

Perfect, thank you.

I don't want to call but thank you. I am home with kids
are you still there?

I'm still here, just typing your answer.

Thank you

So first, there are no fuses on this dishwasher. Make sure the dishwasher is getting power to start. If so, remove the kick panel below the door and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box. Remove the cover and you can see the junction box wire connections to the dishwasher. These wires will often short out, melt, or get loose. Check all the connections and if they are faulty or burnt, cut the wires back and re-wire the junction box (with the power disconnected to the dishwasher of course). If everything checks good--you'll need to order and replace the control board in the upper right hand corner of the door. Below is a link to the control board you'll need to order.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?