Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Neptune washer (about 14 years old) is having a melt

Customer Question
My Neptune washer (about...

My Neptune washer (about 14 years old) is having a melt down. After I finish a load and remove the clothes there is a puddle of water in the bottom of the drum. And as some time passes there is more water, up to the rubber seal surrounding the drum opening. We had to shut the water off to the washer. Is this serious?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 14 years old. I will have to look for the model number. Maytag Neptune.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably. model # MAH5500BWW

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

So when the machine is off and sitting idle, it fills with water?

I believe that is what I said in my initial question. But today we turned the water back on and I washed two loads..it worked fine. And I have been watching it all day and no water has accumulated in the drum at all.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago

You did not clearly say that was what was happening, you said, "After I finish a load and remove the clothes there is a puddle of water in the bottom of the drum."

That could be interpreted to mean that it did not pump out the water from the cycle or, if the cycle had finished some time before you opened the door, it filled up. That is why I asked because it is my goal to provide the most accurate and detailed information as I can. If I am not able to ask for clarification, I would be unable to provide accurate answers. I am sorry if my question offended you or implied anything that you would find offensive. I will place your question back to the list for others to see.