Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Motor will not start up sometimes with out spinning squirrel…

Customer Question
Motor will not start...

Motor will not start up sometimes with out spinning squirrel cage

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Maytag log8420aal no

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I put squriel cage on and took motor of and some times starts by itself and some times wont-did not do this before

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Maybe wire out of place-does the ground have to b hooked up//////////////

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 9 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The motor is failing and will need to be replaced. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!