Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am getting a loud motor sound from the back of my

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a loud motor sound from the back of my refrigerator. I have unplugged the unit to "reset" the motor yet the sound keeps coming back. When it's making this sound, the temp in the refrigerator rises. HELP

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

The refrigerator is 3 years old maybe. We purchased it from Home Depot. I'm getting the model type now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model Type - RF26J7500WW/AA

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We can't do the work ourselves. The back of the refrigerator is totally enclosed. Can you recommend a repair person?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Billy Olenick, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service

My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

I have already taken care of this problem. No more response is necessary. Thank you

This sounds like you have a bad run winding in the compress. The only fix is a new compressor or a new fridge