Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have Maytag Gemini double oven range. The light in the…

Customer Question
We have Maytag Gemini...

We have Maytag Gemini double oven range. The light in the top oven is gone. I used the screw driver to unscrew the light bulb area. I can now pull out container (about 2 inch x 2 inch) in which is the bulb. Cannot open the container. Help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years old. Looking for the model number, just a minute.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I thought just changing a bulb should not be a big deal

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model number MER6775BAB Serial Number 10857434LE

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The halogen light assembly is not meant to come apart the bulb and housing come as one assembly.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

And yes I know the use and care manual says to just remove the cover but the use and care booklet is NOT model number specific .

The manufacture has gone to this all in one part because customers were replacing the bulbs with bare hands and the oils thier skin were damaging the bublbs so the manufacture went to this new bulb in the housing already part.