Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a model GX2FHDXVQo3 refrigerator. The Freezer bottom…

Customer Question
I have a model...

I have a model GX2FHDXVQo3 refrigerator. The Freezer bottom fills with frozen water and then melts all over the floor. Why?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirlpool GX2FHDXVQ03.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Approximately 10 Years old?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

You have a defrost drain line opening that is frozen behind the rear freezer wall.

You will need to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the rear wall panel and defrost the freezer Evaporator drain trough opening with a hair dryer then I use hot water and a turkey baster to flush the drain line down to the drain pan under the unit.

What is happening is when the unit goes into a defrost mode the water can not go down the drain line to the pan under the unit so it comes out under the rear wall panel onto the freezer floor and then out the door onto the floor a common issue.