Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kenmore 80 series 120v clothes dryer that will not…

Customer Question
I have a kenmore 80...
I have a kenmore 80 series 120v clothes dryer that will not turn on
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you?

Hello, I see you started a new question but this is your original question so please respond here.

Are both you and Joel working with me or did I get transferred to you

It should just be me. Joel didn't realize you had already started this question first.

Kenmore model 110.70812990

Perfect, thank you. One moment.

So, the first thing you'll need to do is open the door and push on the door switch to make sure it clicks. If the door switch doesn't click anymore then replace the door switch because if the dryer doesn't think the door is closed which stops the dryer from running. Other than that, your thermal fuse is likely bad. This is located on the back of your dryer so below is a video on how to access and test the fuse if the door switch is still clicking and working like it should.

CLICK HERE for thermal fuse video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The door switch clicks and the thermal fuse reads 0 ohms

The only other 2 things that can cause the issue if you're certain the dryer has 110 volts getting to it from your house is the start switch and the main timer control . Check the start switch for continuity across the 2 large terminals when you turn the start switch. If you have continuity, replace the timer. If you don't have continuity, replace the start switch.

I have continuity across the 2 large terminals on the start switch when I push it. I have 120 volts. The light inside the dryer works when I open the door. I will go get a timer and replace and let you know later today if it works

ok good luck.

Joel called me. I don't know how I got both of you. I noticed a wire hanging in the back that is for the dryer moisture sensor that is missing. He sent me a YouTube video and the part number. I am going to replace that. I should not get charged from both of you
Ok well good luck. The moisture sensor wire hanging is definitely a problem but it won't stop the dryer from running