Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a brand new Kitchen aid dishwasher (built in) and all…

Customer Question
I have a brand...

I have a brand new Kitchen aid dishwasher (built in) and all I am getting is the red lock icon. the dishwasher is not locking and will not operate.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not even 6 weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Where can I find the serial number?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The controls don't seem to be doing anything. just the red lock light on.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Model Number (not Serial) is on the left edge of the dishwasher's door

Generally, for KA Dishwashers....

To turn off Control Lock, press and hold the Options key that says "Control LockHold 3 Sec" under it for 3 seconds. If the dishwasher has a dedicated Control Lockbutton in the Options selections, press and hold CONTROL LOCK for 3 seconds.

Just a quick follow-up as I have not heard from you for a while.

Anything more to report ?

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.