Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model MDB7749SBM1. Buttons on front won't come on to run…

Model MDB7749SBM1. Buttons on...

Model MDB7749SBM1. Buttons on front won't come on to run dishwasher.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Maytag. MDB7749SBM1.dishwasher not that old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know. The dismantling won't work. It started acting up a couple of weeks ago. We would push normal wash button and the auto clean light would come on. Now nothing works.

9/21/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There are no fuses on this dishwasher so if the panel won't turn on, either the dishwasher is not getting power from your house, or the control panel has failed. Now my guess without testing anything would be that the panel has failed because it has been known to fail often and has been completely re-designed by Whirlpool (who own's Maytag) to help resist steam and moisture which is believe to cause the old touchpad to fail. Either way, if you have a multimeter, remove the kick panel below the door and test power at the junction box between the power and neutral wire. You should have 110 volts. If so then replace the control panel. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc