Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I purchased a new GE refrigerator about two and a half weeks…

Customer Question
I purchased a new...

I purchased a new GE refrigerator about two and a half weeks ago. We put it on the recommended control setting during installation and it cooled to correct temp. It now is running at about 65 degrees in the cooler the freezer seems to be ok. tried turning down the temp with the controller but did not change the temp .

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # GTE18LMHGRES JUST BOUGHT IT AT LOWES

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THE FIRST FEW DAYS FUNNING HAD SOME FROST ON FREEZER DOOR BUT I ADJUSTED THE DOOR SEEMS OK NOW

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you open the freezer door look on the rear interior wall panel do you see any frost or ice on the panel?

And can you hear the freezer fan running?

The fan is running I found that the coils were froze up I defrosted all the ice it has been running a little over 24 hrs but temp is hovering around 43 degrees. And this is at the coldest setting

if this is a brand new unit and the Freezer Evaporator coil was frozen over ,you either have a defrost issue or the doors are not closing properly .

Do both doors seem to be closing and sealing properly?

They seem to shut just fine but the freezer door does build up some frost around the top of door
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago

ok so if there is frost that means warm air is getting into the unit.

Check to see if the rubber gasket is sealing against the metal cabinet ,if not if you have a hair dryer you can heat the rubber gasket up to relax the gasket and the magnet inside the gasket can then pull the seal in to seal any air leaks .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 stars is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Master Tech
Master Tech