Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am coming up with two codes F06 and E01. Two days, I would…

Customer Question
I am coming up...

I am coming up with two codes F06 and E01.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The machine is off and the Door the doorLocked light is flashing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Ok

E01 F06 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the entire back sheet metal panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to guess which control board you want to replace first, either the MCU or the CCU and the problem is that there is no way to test and determine which part is faulty so it's just a guessing game. That being said, the MCU is the part that I generally find faulty so that is the part I'd replace first and I'd order form Repairclinic.com because they allows you to return parts if you end up not needing them which is a great option to have on communication errors which you can't test.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

I bought a new machine.

Alright, I'm sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today to close this question out.