Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Modelrefig. runs but not cooling, 10 h0urs, if i can, iam in…

Customer Question
Model(###) ###-####refig. runs but...

Model(###) ###-####refig. runs but not cooling

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

10 h0urs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can , iam in a rural area and no one here to repair

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that it is not cooling

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The fact that the unit is running means that your thermostats and electronics are all working. Unfortunately that means that if it's not cooling you either have a bad compressor or a freon leak. This is not something you can fix yourself I'm sorry to say. You would need a technician to come out and check your freon pressure to determine if you're low on freon or if you need a new compressor. If you're low on freon, a freon leak typically costs about $450 to repair and a new compressor is about $650 to replace if you aren't low on freon.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.