Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My RF260 BEA ice maker filler arm will not go down to refill…

Customer Question
My RF260 BEA ice...

My RF260 BEA ice maker filler arm will not go down to refill cube tray with water. I push the reset button and water fills the tray once and that is it. Help

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It is a RF260BEA frig with an ice maker and no indoor water dispenser. It started when I changed the water filter for the first time. No this is 1st time.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did buy the correct filter Lowes (Samsung filter

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortuantely the mechanical linkage inside the head of the icemaker is just sticking. You may be able to manually move the arm and get it working again, but you need to replace the icemaker to fix the issue so you don't have to continue to reset the icemaker. Below is a link to the icemaker for your model number if you wanted to replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?