Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have IKEA's Nutid frenchdoor fridge with drawer freezer…

Customer Question
Hi John, we have...

Hi John, we have IKEA's Nutid frenchdoor fridge with drawer freezer sliding out at the bottom. It's part of our two years ago refurbished IKEA kitchen. We are very happy so far with everything, but noticed this morning that the freezer had almost melted. Power-wise everything ok, it COULD be that the sliding construction had made us believe it was fully closed bbut maybe it wasn't

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

I emptied the freezer immediately and moved everything to our basement freezer, and cleaned it thoroughly, and just closed the drawer. Now it has appeared to function normally and seems like it has been cooling down. I'm just wondering how long it should take for it get to regular freezer temp. Was looking for manual here in the house and even online and just trying to figure out if I should just wait.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Work? Don't know what you mean. It's less than two years old and nothing seems wrong. Maybe, just maybe the freezer was not completely closed?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a manual I could download to troubleshoot or no?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It sounds like the door probably just got left cracked open based on everything you've said. If for some reason that isn't the case, then it means that your compressor overheated and was cutting out so unplugging it for a few hours allowed the compressor to cool down and run again. If the compressor was the issue, the problem will come back in the next couple days, but otherwise you should be fine but you'll just want to make sure nothing is preventing the bottom drawer from shutting all the way.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?