Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Samsung Frig, model RFG298HDRS/XAA was making a loud

noise when we tried to...
My Samsung Frig, model RFG298HDRS/XAA was making a loud noise when we tried to get water from the door. I replaced the filter and now it first runs real slow then stops. When I take the filter out, the water runs fine but drips out where the filter goes. I tried 2 different new filters, one from Home Depot and the other from Lowe's and it still does the same thing. I am a disabled Vet and home almost all day and need to see if I can fix it myself before calling an expensive tech to come out.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We bought it brand new from Lowe's in 2012 so it is 5 years old. I posted the model number in my first questions, RFG298HDRS manufacture date of Jan 2012.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if at all possible since the damn government keeps screwing my disability pay up.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I checked all the lines going in and coming out to the water in the door and both ice makers, everything is good. I pulled out the icemakers and checked to make sure there was no blockage there.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The site will likely send you an option for a phone call. I don't send you that personally and it's $24 additional so please just cancel that if you didn't want a phone call instead.

ok
I'm trying to repair it myself to avoid having to pay a tech to come out. This site wants me to keep oaying for more things. Totally defeats the purpose.

The noise and the fact that the water just barely comes out when a filter is installed means that the diverter valve built into the filter receptacle is restricting the water flow. Sometimes when replacing the filter the receptacle fails. The diverter is intended to allow water flow when the filter is removed so that the water can still dispense and such, but it's just mechanical and sometimes it'll get stuck or won't open up properly once the filter has been removed for replacement. You'll need to replace the receptacle to resolve this issue and the part is about $150. Below is a link to the part you'd need to replace for your model. Also, below is a video on how to replace this part yourself.

CLICK HERE for filter receptacle

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thanks for your help.
I took the whole receptacle apart and cleaned all the small parts with vinegar then put it back together and voila, it works with no cost except to you for your expertise.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc