Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a GE double-door refrigerator model GSH25IGRBWW. The…

Customer Question
Hello. Have a GE...

Hello. Have a GE double-door refrigerator model GSH25IGRBWW. The fan inside the freezer started to make a loud noise.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2005, model # GSH25IGRBWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF POSSIBLE YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THE FAN ROTATES FREELY AND NO DAMAGES ON THE BLADES

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Yes the evaporator fan motor (the fan in the freezer) will start to get loud like that right before they go out, so you need to replace it as soon as you get a chance.

Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor

Part #: WR60X10154 - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video that shows how to replace it - click here for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have viewed the answer and the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please rate my assistance, thanks.