Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

No water comes from the water dispenser and refrigerator…

No water comes from...

No water comes from the water dispenser and refrigerator says "Dispenser Locked"

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Maytag, 2 years old, freezer on the bottom

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

water filter was replaced about a month ago and has been working fine.

9/20/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

MFT2574DEH0

Thanks for that.

So if the dispenser lock light is lit then thats why its not dispensing the water.

All you need to do is press and hold the light button on the front controls for several seconds.

This will turn the dispenser lock off from there and allow it to work again from there.

Try that and let me know what happens.

Thanks a lot but we had already figured it out.

Glad to hear you got it sorted but i did reply with the answer a few minutes after you gave the model number.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician