Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Refrigerator model # 72862100 and the

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore Refrigerator model # 72862100 and the freezer maintains the cold, but the refrigerator remains warm. I did unplug the unit and let it stand for 24 hours without power. I also remove the bottom plate in the freezer and removed the back plate to allow for air flow so the unit could defrost properly. There was a wire with a clamp that was not attached to anything and I believe it is the heater that controls the defrosting of the unit. But I am not sure and would like to know where to hook it up to. I also believe the defroster is not working and would like to know how to repair this on my own.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I purchase the unit in 2002

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Are you able to post a picture of the inside of the freezer so i can see the wiring from there.