Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

After I removed the panel in the freezer, I discovered the…

After I removed the panel...
After I removed the panel in the freezer, I discovered the top right corner of the evaporator coil was covered with ice. Will De icing the coil fix the problem?
9/20/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Was only the top right corner frosted and the rest bare?

I had a problem with water all over the floor, and was told to empty the freezer, remove the back panel and clear the drain. But this is what I found instead off a college drain.

The system is low on refrigerant. Thawing that small area will not stop the issue you are having, it needs to have the leak repaired and recharged. This is not something you will be able to do as it requires very specialized equipment and training as well as a federal license to obtain the refrigerant. You can expect this repair to cost about $250-300 + parts to have professionally completed.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thank you.

You are very welcome, thank you!