Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag centenial that is not completing it's cycle.

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag centenial that is not completing it's cycle. For example it may stay in wash more and never go to rinse. I had this problem once before and spoke cust serv on the phone who walked me thru correcting it but the problem has returned

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably at least 3 or 4 years - Maytag Centenial Ecoconserve (comercial technology)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Before it was all done without actually getting into the machine using codes after dianostics. I probably would not be skilled enough to get into the inside

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I move the dial around trying to get it going. On spin sometimes it will start but only for a minute or so. I do know how to bring up the dianostices by turning dial left 3 - right 3 -left 1 right 1 if that helps

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So you are correct about getting into diagnostics. So go into diagnostics and all the light will turn on or start flashing to let you know you're in diagnostics. Now, turn the dial clockwise until just the RINSE light is illuminated. Then press Start. This will re-calibrate the washer and reset the error. Let it finish the re-calibration cycle which can take up to 15 minutes. Once all the lights go out, start a new cycle and see if it works. If not, then you'll need a technician out there because you have a part that has failed and the washer would need to be taken apart to replace the part.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

What is the cost for this answer?

This question is $36.

All lights lit up and it ran for about a minute, stopped and all lights went out.

OK if it finished, then try a new cycle. If it still acts up you have a failed part.

I tried rinse and drain and I hear a slight dripping noise - the sensor light came on instead rinse or spin.
Sensor and Lid Locked still on but no noise those lights are just staying on.
Cost is $36 for this session - not per question - Right?

Correct, $36 for this session.

And you have a failed part if it just gives you the sensing light. To know what part failed you need to pull up an error. Go to diagnostics again. This time, turn the knob until just the DONE light is illuminated. Then press start. All the lights turn on or flash. Now turn the knob 1 click clockwise and what is the pattern of lights shown? There are 2 sets that will flash back and forth.

Rinse, DoneSence, Rinse, Spin, and Done
I lost connection - are you still there?

That is an error for a bad shift actuator. You need to replace the shift actuator below your tub to fix this issue. Below is a link to the part and there is a video at the bottom of the link to show you how to replace it. Whirlpool bought out Maytag which is why it's a Whirlpool part.

CLICK HERE for part and video