Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Coldspot model 106 made in 1999. Last night…

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore Coldspot model 106 made in 1999. Last night it defrosted on the freezer side. I put food into ice chests and this morning it was working again. I vacuumed out the coils (they needed it). it seems to be working now like it always has. anything I should be checking?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yeah it says date of manufacture 05-99 and it is model 106

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Dont know but can if not too technical.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We do not use the water hook up or filtrations system in this unit at all.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

When the unit stopped working, did you still hear any fans or motors running or was the unit 100% silent like it wasn't running anymore?