Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have model # GZ25FSRXYY7, We have had the fridge for about…

Customer Question
I have model #...

I have model # GZ25FSRXYY7

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We have had the fridge for about 10 months. This is the 3rd time this has happened. The bottom of the freezer compartment gets a sheet of ice on it and it then drips out onto the floor. WE have to empty the freezer and remove the ice. Then it is fine for awhile.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY7

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We bought it from our friends who had it for just a short time and it extended too far out into their kitchen and they wanted one that fit better

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats it. I wondered if it was something we are doing to cause this.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

you have an issue with the defrost drain trough opening being restricted behind the rear interior freezer wall .

You will need to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the rear interior wall panel ,and manually defrost the drain trough opening .

I use a hair dryer to defrost the ice and then hot water with a turkey baster to flush out the drain line to the drain pan under the unit?

If you have any questions just reply back to me!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.