Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have had a new dual fuel range for less than 3 hours. I…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a new dual fuel range for less than 3 hours. I have prepped the oven by running the main oven, the broiler, and the warming oven for the suggested time of 15 minutes each. The appliance has been turned off for at least 45 min. I am hearing a fan going in it, and the heat is dissipating very slowly.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Is there a fan other than the convection fan on the rear wall. That seems not to be moving. What am I hearing. Please advise now! Thank you. Anne Kunen, Madison, WI

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I need to know how many fans are in my new range. One of them doesn't turn off. It is range model KSDB900ESS1

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

After using the oven, how long should the fan run? Where is this fan located?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The cooling fan will run until the internal oven temperature drops to a temp of 170 degrees .

And yes the cooling fan is different from the convection fan .

The cooling fan is located under the cooktop near the rear of the oven .

And if the temperature is dissipating very slowly that shows you how efficient the oven is in holding the temperature

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Master Tech
Master Tech