Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A KITCHEN AID SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR. I LIVE IN…

Customer Question
I HAVE A KITCHEN...

I HAVE A KITCHEN AID SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR. I LIVE IN MIAMI AND JUST WENT THROUGH HURRICANE IRMA. FOOD SPOILED IN MY FREEZER AND I DISPOSED OF IT. I WASHED THE REFRIGERATOR A NUMBER OF TIMES, BUT I CAN STILL SMELL THE ODOR. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MODEL KSSC48QVS05 October 22015

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Odors don't just remove because plastic is porous and the entire inner liner of the refrigerator is plastic. They take a couple weeks to remove. To remove the odor, wipe everything down inside the refrigerator with a 50/50 mixture of hot water/ white vinegar mixture. Then spray the inside with FaBreeze and wipe it down again. Now put baking soda boxes or put the baking soda on plates in the top and bottom of the refrigerator and freezer section. Let it run for about 2 weeks this way and the odor will be removed.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc