Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a whirlpool DU1145xTP06 dish washer that stopped…

Customer Question
We have a whirlpool...

We have a whirlpool DU1145xTP06 dish washer that stopped working during the cycle. The buttons on the controls do not respond when selected. The " clean" indicator is constantly flashing.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

13 years model DU1145

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am not sure

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Kill power the unit at the breaker for 5 minutes restore power and the control should reset, if not you will have to run a service mode cycle on the unit to clear it but if it happens again after clearing the unit has a problem in the heating circuit as referenced in the information linked below:

click here for more information on that problem

To start the Service Diagnostics Cycle, press the following keys, in order, in less than 6 seconds, while in standby: Heated Dry, Normal, Heated Dry, Normal all lights on console should light up and the service cycle will begin just let it complete the cycle.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?